Generally, no one feels the need to understand bail bond service until they are in the shoes of a suspect. Spending time in jail is extremely stressful, which is the reason why 8th Amendment is so crucial. Meaning of the words, ‘Innocent until proven guilty’ would have been useless, if you were not stuck in jail till court trial.
If you are in need of bail bond, it is vital to be familiar with the bail bond process. Every sector has several black sheep waiting to take advantage of desperate people. Unknown people need to protect themselves and their family from such frauds.
Below some tips related to bail bond process is provided to help the accused or concerned relative get released from the jail.
Bail bond process tips
Contact bail bond agency with solid reputation
- As soon as a person gets arrested, the initial step is to get in touch with family member
- The sooner you start the bail process the more free time you will get to prove your innocence
- Ask the relative or friend to locate a licensed bail agent
- Verify the bond agency’s identification before any bail transaction
- Online is the best place to find and learn a lot about the potential bail bond agency
- Certain bonds agent issue bonds only for specific crimes. This differs from one state to another, though majority of bail bond agency deal with misdemeanours and felonies
- Ask the potential bail bond agency about their application process. It may include credit check or queries about the accused (a friend or relative) you are willing to bail out from jail
Get familiar with payment pattern
- A little wait time is not uncommon, during bail out process due to busy jail activities
- In lieu of financial compensation, there are different kinds of collateral accepted. It depends on the defendants’ resources and its cost. Property, car, jewels and other assets with stable value are considered
- Generally, the premiums for bail bonds are generally 10% of total bail amount determined by court
- Extra charges must be itemized and explained in details
- Itemized receipts for every charges must be provided
Contracts & agreements
- Before you sign financing agreements read the terms and understand them clearly
- Ensure to get all the signed copies of contracts & agreements
- Make certain that the engaged bail agency will support you even after bail bond is posted
- Remember a professional bail bond agency is available to purchasers for concerns or questions all through the process
Bail bond agents are responsible to ease the strain of an arrest. If you find yourself or your loved ones on the incorrect side of law, bail bond agents can help. For more information on how the bondman work visit http://www.affordablyeasybailbonds.com/
As a well-versed bail bond buyer, you can now make an ideal decision. Make sure that you feel at ease with the potential bail agent. If your intuitions for the agent are positive and strong go ahead. In case, you feel uncomfortable then walk away and contact someone else.